Ashwin Amavasya Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Amavasya Tithi Begins at 21:42:13 on October 1, 2024
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 00:21:31 on October 3, 2024
Ashwin Amavasya- In the tapestry of the Hindu calendar, Ashwin Amavasya emerges as a radiant gem, nestled in the Krishna Paksha of the Ashwin month. Known by several names such as Sarva Pitru Amavasya, Mahalaya Amavasya, and Pitra Visarjani Amavasya, this day holds profound significance.
It marks the conclusion of the Shradh Paksha, a period dedicated to honoring ancestors, and signifies their return to the celestial abode of Pitru Loka, having blessed their descendants. Ashwin Amavasya invites us to perform acts of charity, donation, and to nourish the souls of Brahmins.
Ashwin Amavasya Vrat and Rituals:
Embark on a spiritual journey on Ashwin Amavasya, as we engage in rituals of devotion and reverence:
1. Ashwin Amavasya Morning Purification:
- Commence the day with a ritualistic bath in the sanctifying waters of a sacred river, lake, or pond.
- Offer Argh to the Sun God, expressing gratitude for the life-giving light, and perform oblation to your forefathers.
2. Ashwin Amavasya Evening Illumination:
- As the evening descends, kindle a lamp (Deepak) at the main entrance of your home.
- Accompany the lamp with offerings of Poori and other sweet delicacies. This gesture ensures that your ancestors do not journey on empty stomachs and guides them to the path leading to Pitru Loka.
3. Ashwin Amavasya Fulfilling Unperformed Rituals:
- If you are uncertain about the specific day or date for performing Shradh rituals for your forefathers, Ashwin Amavasya provides an opportune occasion to do so.
- If any oblations (Pitru Tarpan) were inadvertently omitted during the entire Shradh Paksha, this day offers a chance for redemption.
4. Ashwin Amavasya Charity and Nourishment:
- Extend your compassion by feeding the needy or Brahmins, nurturing their bodies and souls.
The Significance of Ashwin Amavasya:
Ashwin Amavasya holds a place of great reverence in Hindu culture, serving as the culmination of Shradh Paksha. It is a day when ancestral peace and blessings are fervently sought. The name Sarva Pitru Amavasya itself emphasizes its significance as a day dedicated to honoring all forefathers.
From a Tantrik perspective, Ashwin Amavasya shares its importance with Shradh Karma. This auspicious day also heralds the commencement of Shardiya Navratri, the nine nights of devotion to Maa Durga and her divine manifestations. Practitioners of Tantra Sadhna engage in various Tantric rituals during the night of this Amavasya, further accentuating its spiritual relevance.
Ashwin Amavasya 2024 invites us to partake in a sacred journey of remembrance, gratitude, and devotion. As we perform acts of charity, light lamps to guide our ancestors, and offer oblations, we honor the eternal bond with our forefathers. This day marks a celestial transition, where blessings are bestowed, and peace is found. Let Ashwin Amavasya be a profound reminder of our roots, a celebration of spiritual connection, and a tribute to our ancestral heritage.
Read More astrology