Phalguna Amavasya Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Amavasya Tithi Begins at 18:19:59 on March 9, 2024
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 14:32:12 on March 10, 2024
Phalguna Amavasya, a significant date in the Hindu calendar, holds immense spiritual importance for those seeking happiness, prosperity, and the blessings of their ancestors. In this blog, we will delve into the depths of Phalguna Amavasya Vrat 2024, exploring its religious rituals, significance, and the path it offers to spiritual growth.
Phalguna Amavasya – An Auspicious Occasion:
Phalguna Amavasya falls on the Krishna Paksha, the dark fortnight, of the Phalguna month. This day is believed to be particularly auspicious for individuals aspiring to attain happiness, property, and good fortune. Many choose to observe a fast on this day, seeking positive growth and prosperity in their lives.
Furthermore, it is a day when we pay homage to our ancestors through oblation (Tarpan or Shradh) rituals. Interestingly, when Phalguna Amavasya coincides with days like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, its auspiciousness is said to surpass even that of a Solar Eclipse (Surya Grahan).
Phalguna Amavasya Vrat and Religious Rituals:
The observance of Phalguna Amavasya involves a series of religious rituals that are believed to yield instant results. These rituals not only lead to personal growth but also serve as a means of honoring our ancestors:
1. Phalguna Amavasya Morning Purification:
- Commence the day with a sacred bath in a river, lake, or pond.
- Offer Argh to the Sun God as a mark of respect and gratitude.
- Perform oblations to appease your forefathers, seeking their blessings.
2. Phalguna Amavasya Fasting and Charity:
- Maintain a fast throughout the day.
- Engage in acts of charity by donating to the less fortunate, ensuring the peaceful afterlife of your ancestors.
3. Phalguna Amavasya Evening Rituals:
- In the evening, light a mustard oil lamp beneath the Peepal tree.
- Circumambulate the tree seven times, reminiscing about your ancestors and their legacy.
4. Phalguna Amavasya Worship and Naivedyam:
- Offer worship to Rudra (Lord Shiva), the sacred fire (Agni), and Brahmins.
- Present Urad Dal, Curd, and Puri as Naivedyam (offering).
- Partake in the Prasad yourself, immersing in the divine energy of the day.
5. Phalguna Amavasya Lord Shiva Abhishek:
- Visit a Shiva temple and perform Abhishek of Lord Shiva using raw cow milk, curd, and honey.
- Offer black Sesame seeds to the deity as a token of reverence.
6. Phalguna Amavasya Worship of Lord Shani:
- Acknowledge the significance of Lord Shani on this day.
- Offer blue flowers at the Shani temple.
- Pay homage with black sesame seeds, black Urad (whole), mustard oil, Kajal, and black clothing.
Importance of Phalguna Amavasya:
Phalguna Amavasya holds profound importance in Hindu beliefs. It is believed that on this day, divine entities and deities reside in sacred rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati. Therefore, taking a dip in these rivers on Phalguna Amavasya is considered highly auspicious. Furthermore, when this auspicious day coincides with a Monday, it creates a Yog for Maha Kumbh Snan, which is believed to bring immense blessings and benefits.
Phalguna Amavasya Vrat 2024 is not just a day of fasting and rituals; it is a spiritual journey towards happiness, prosperity, and ancestral blessings. By observing the prescribed rituals and immersing oneself in the divine energies of this day, individuals can embark on a path of positive growth and well-being. So, mark your calendar for this auspicious occasion and experience its profound significance in your life.
Read more Moon sign