Margashirsha Amavasya Muhurat For New Delhi, India
Amavasya Tithi Begins at 10:31:53 on November 30, 2024
Amavasya Tithi Ends at 11:52:58 on December 1, 2024
Margashirsha Amavasya In the intricate weave of the Hindu calendar, Margashirsha Amavasya emerges as a luminous thread, gracing the Krishna Paksha of the Margashirsha month. This sacred day, known also as Agahan Amavasya, is steeped in tradition and spiritual significance.
It beckons devotees to perform rituals of Pitru Tarpan, bathe in holy waters, and engage in acts of charity and donation, all in the earnest pursuit of ensuring a peaceful afterlife for their forefathers. Margashirsha Amavasya also shines as a day to venerate Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi, seeking their divine blessings.
Margashirsha Amavasya Vrat Puja Vidhi:
Embark on a spiritual journey as we uncover the cherished rituals of Margashirsha Amavasya:
1. Margashirsha Amavasya Purifying Dip:
- At the break of dawn, immerse yourself in the sacred waters of a river, lake, or pond.
- Offer sesame seeds (Til) into the flowing waters, chanting the Gayatri Mantra or meditating upon Lord Narayana, followed by an Argh offering to the Sun God.
2. Margashirsha Amavasya Worship of Deities:
- Depending on family tradition, choose to worship either Lord Shiva or Lord Vishnu, invoking their divine presence.
3. Margashirsha Amavasya Pitru Puja:
- By the holy banks of a river, perform Pitru Puja (oblation to forefathers), beseeching peace and liberation for their souls.
- During the fast of Margashirsha Amavasya, refrain from consuming water.
4. Margashirsha Amavasya Acts of Generosity:
- Extend a helping hand to those in need, donating items such as food, clothing, sandals, and grains, particularly to the needy or Brahmins.
Margashirsha Amavasya also witnesses the observance of the revered Shri Satyanarayan Puja. Devotees fast and engage in religious activities to seek the blessings of their ancestors and dispel adversity from their lives. During the puja, an idol or image of Lord Vishnu is installed alongside an idol of Goddess Lakshmi.
The family members conduct the worship according to the prescribed rituals, offering Milk Porridge to the deities. The culmination of the puja involves the reading of the Satyanarayan Katha and the distribution of Prasad to the devotees.
The Significance of Margashirsha Amavasya:
Like all Amavasyas, Margashirsha Amavasya also witnesses the performance of Pitru Puja. However, the religious activities undertaken on this day are imbued with exceptional auspiciousness, showering devotees and their ancestors with divine blessings.
The act of Tila Tarpan and Pind Daan holds the key to securing liberation and serenity for one’s forefathers in the afterlife. Fasting on Margashirsha Amavasya serves as a cleansing force, absolving one of sins and ushering peace and prosperity into their lives.
Margashirsha Amavasya 2024 invites us to partake in its divine tapestry of rituals, illuminating our souls with spiritual fervor and devotion. As we undertake the Purifying Dip, offer prayers to the deities, perform Pitru Puja, and extend our benevolence to the needy, we honor a time-honored heritage.
This sacred day serves as a beacon of hope, guiding our ancestors towards liberation and bestowing upon us the virtues of purity and prosperity. May Margashirsha Amavasya bless us with divine grace and serenity, fostering a harmonious connection between the living and the departed.
Read More 27 Nakshastra