Poornima Tithi Begins at 21:52:46 on January 24, 2024
Poornima Tithi Ends at 23:26:32 on January 25, 2024
Paush Purnima Vrat 2024 – Paush Purnima is a sacred day when the radiant strength of the sun and the luminous beauty of the full moon combine to create a rich tapestry of Hindu festivals. We go deeply into the meaning, customs, and festivities related to Paush Purnima Vrat in 2023 in this post. Come along on this spiritual journey with us as we delve into the meaning of this auspicious day that is entrenched in history and adored by followers.
Significance of Paush Poornima:
Paush Purnima Vrat 2024, falling within the Shukla Paksh of the Paush month as per the Hindu Panchang, holds profound significance in Hinduism. It’s a day when the moon is at its fullest, symbolizing completeness and fulfillment. Devotees believe that observing rituals and acts of charity on this day can lead to excellent outcomes in their lives.
The Spiritual Connection:
Paush Purnima Vrat 2024 -In Hindu mythology, Paush Poornima is regarded as a day when Lord Sun reigns supreme. Worshiping the Sun on this day is believed to pave the path to salvation. The unique alignment of the Sun and the Moon on Paush Poornima creates a mystical aura, making it an ideal time to seek blessings and fulfill desires by paying homage to both celestial bodies.
Fasting and Puja Vidhi:
On the sacred occasion of Paush Poornima, devotees gather with unwavering faith to perform various rituals. The following steps outline the fasting and Puja Vidhi for Paush Poornima:
1. Sankalp for Fasting: Devotees begin their day by making a resolute commitment to observe a fast.
2. Bow to Varun Dev: Before taking a dip in a holy river, well, or pool, it’s customary to bow before Varun Dev, the deity of water.
3. Offering to Lord Sun: Chanting mantras, devotees offer sacred water to Lord Sun, invoking his divine blessings.
4. Worshiping Lord Madhusudan: Afterward, Lord Madhusudan is worshipped, and sacred bhog or Naivaidh is offered with devotion.
5. Acts of Charity: An essential aspect of Paush Poornima is charity. Devotees are encouraged to provide for the less fortunate, offering items like laddoo, jaggery (gudh), woollen clothes, and blankets to the needy or Brahmins.
Paush Poornima is a day of vibrant religious activities and gatherings in various pilgrimage sites and holy cities. One such notable event is the Maagh Mela in Tirthraj Prayag, where countless pilgrims take a dip in the holy waters to cleanse their souls and seek divine blessings.
As Paush Purnima Vrat 2023 approaches, we invite you to partake in this spiritual journey, connecting with the energies of the Sun and the Moon. By following the prescribed rituals and observing a day of fasting, you can experience the profound significance and blessings that Paush Poornima brings. May this auspicious day usher in positivity, fulfillment, and spiritual awakening in your life. Embrace the divine confluence of the celestial forces on Paush Purnima, and may it illuminate your path towards inner peace and enlightenment.